Colour Workshop with Anne-Marie Jean and Dionisia Salas
Dates & times
Thu 29 October — Thu 5 November 2020, 7.00 pm –8.30pm
ANU Drill Hall Gallery
Image: Virginia Coventry, Vertere (to turn), 2014 (left), Untitled (yellow) 2009 (right). Courtesy the artist, Charles Nodrum Gallery and Liverpool Street Gallery
The Lightworks artists, Virginia Coventry, Lesley Dumbrell, Trevor Vickers and Richard Dunn have spent decades using paint to explore colour and colour relationships. This 1.5 hour workshop engages with the dynamically geometric, abstract and minimalist paintings in the exhibition to stimulate and inspire exploration of colour. Using your own materials of watercolour, gouache, oil pastel or colour pencil, we will work through a variety of ideas and exercises. We will also explore some of the colour theories of modernist artist and art critic Patrick Heron.
Tickets include a glass of wine. Please bring your own paper and materials, including one or more of the following: watercolour, gouache, oil pastel, colour pencil (no dry pastels please).
Follow the following links to book a ticket:
Thursday 29 October 7 – 8.30pm
Thursday 5 November 7 – 8.30pm
Feel free to contact us for more details on materials: firstname.lastname@example.org
Classes are limited 10 participants per class.
Visitors to the Drill Hall Gallery:
For your safety, the Drill Hall Gallery will be following guidelines, recommendations and enforceable public health directions published by ACT Health and Safework Australia. We will be collecting contact tracing information from all visitors to the gallery.
To ensure a safe and healthy environment while visiting the Drill Hall Gallery at this time we request that you:
- Stay at home if you are unwell.
- Stay at home if you have been in contact with a known or suspected COVID-19 case.
- Practice good hand hygiene and cough etiquette.
- Utilise hand sanitisers provided at the entrance of the gallery.
- Assist our staff in filling out your contact tracing information on entry and exit from the gallery.
- Maintain1.5 metres distance from other visitors and staff.
- Comply with the number restrictions clearly signposted in each of the gallery spaces.
- Comply with any written or verbal directions from staff.
- Use contactless payment for any purchases made at the Drill Hall Gallery.
- Consider downloading the COVIDSafe app if you have not already.
- We strongly encourage you to wear a facemask during gallery events.
Thank you for your patience and understanding, and we appreciate your help in keeping our community safe during this time.